Search

Friday, February 12, 2010

Connect to CRM Web Service without impersonation

Today I'm doing CRM deployment to another server/organization. I get "The request failed HTTP status 401: Unauthorized"

I scratched my head about 2 hours. Double confirmed x 100 times on my CRM service account's access, permission. There are all fine and nothing wrong with that.

Finally, I found a very intersting KB from Microsoft.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948746

Wohh, now I only know the root cause.
"To work around this problem, use Deployment Manager to change the name of the organization so that the display name of the organization does not contain blank spaces."

Alternatively, I found out that, without changing in Deployment Manager, we can remove the blank space of organization name when calling the CRM Web Service. (eg, My Org to MyOrg).

No comments:

Post a Comment